Published in 2013 The Paedotrial highlights how brazen, cunning, narcissistic, manipulative and determined paedophiles can be! The book is a true story concerning the horrific abuse that took place at the Green Field House children’s home in Maidenhead during the 1960’s.
The story then follows one of the wealthy paedophiles a Lloyds name; Denham Gilbart-Smith. To hide his paedophile activities in 1970, Gilbart-Smith bribed DC Carstairs, a detective from Bracknell CID. Then in 2007 37 years later, in an out of court settlement Maidenhead Council (RBWM) received a payment in excess of a million pounds from Gilbart-Smith, in return RBWM agreed to a vow of secrecy, once to again hide Gilbart-Smiths paedophile activities.
In 2010 Gilbart-Smith answered 17 charges of rape and sexual abuse against eight boys. After a six week trial at Reading Crown Court, in direct opposition to the overwhelming evidence against Gilbart-Smith, the jury who debated for seven days returned ”not guilty” verdicts by a majority.
During the trial before Gilbart-Smith nobbled the jury, one of Gilbart-Smiths blackmailers and a prosecution witness died under suspicious circumstances, it then came to light that two previous blackmailers died under the exact same circumstances.
In 2012 the 65 year old paedophile whose four children and grand children are UK residents, emigrated to Cyprus, a country that has no extradition with the UK, so is the home to numerous UK paedophiles, rapists, gangsters and criminals.
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
Black & GREY text = fact Red text = as yet unverified
(1) 1963 Donald Prescott was employed at a children’s home in Ongar Essex where he sexually abused one of the residents Willy Walters.
(2) 1964 Denham Gilbart-Smith aged 17 left his private school in Dublin, upon returning to the family home in Ealing London the young Gilbart-Smith went to work at his fathers insurance business in the city. (Gilbart-Smith would later say that there was homosexual activity at his Dublin school, but he wasn’t personally involved.)
(3) 1964 Donald Prescott was appointed warden of Green Field House children’s home in Ray Park Road Maidenhead Berks.
(4) 1965 Prescott visited Walter’s parents who told Prescott that since leaving the children’s home in Ongar Willy was out of control. Prescott told Mr & Mrs Walters that he could get Willy a place at Green Field House and he was confident that he could straighten out Willy’s behaviour. So it was that a short time later Willy Walters became a resident at Green Field House.
(5) 1966 The wealthy Gilbart-Smith family moved from Ealing London to a riverside property in Maidenhead they named after their native Ireland home “Ballyhaise”. The Gilbart-Smith family joined the congregation at St Mary Magdalene Church in Bridge Road Maidenhead, where they were introduced to Donald Prescott by the then vicar David Evans.
(6) 1966 Prescott groomed Denham Gilbart-Smith into abusing one of the Green Field House boys. I believe Prescott’s sole interest in Gilbart-Smith was to use him as a way to blackmail the wealthy Gilbart-Smith family.
(7) 1967 Prescott coerced Gilbart-Smith to become registered with Maidenhead Council, as a “HELPER” at the children’s home. By this act Prescott had put a ‘noose’ around Gilbart-Smiths neck as he was now officially forever linked with the paedophile ring should they ever be exposed.
(8) 1967 Prescott pulled the noose tighter when Gilbart-Smith agreed to participate in indecent photographic shoots with a young boy Robert A. Robert A was photographed in various poses, which included sucking Gilbart-Smiths erect penis. The photo session according to Robert A took place at Tony Knott’s studio, 39 Minster Street Reading Berks.
Gilbart-Smith was told by Prescott and Knott that he would not be identified in the photos, as the shoot would only be from the waist down. However, Tony Knott in financial partnership with Prescott, took photo’s that clearly identified and incriminated Gilbart-Smith. The photographs snared Gilbart-Smith and provided enough damaging evidence to shake the Gilbart-Smith family and send Gullible-Gilbart to jail should the wealthy family not succumb to Prescott’s financial demands.
(9) August 1967 Tony Knott was arrested for taking indecent photographs at his studio.
(10) March 1968 Tony Knott was sentenced to 18 months prison.
(11) May 1968 Gilbart-Smiths 21st birthday present was a 1964 green MG convertible reg KMO 124B. Gilbart-Smith gave Walters his bubble car reg WLH 858. Gilbart-Smith was now a fully fledged member of this paedophile ring. Under Prescott’s command, Gilbart-Smith and Walters were paedophile partners raping the kids with Ted Burkett, and others.
Both of the kids in the photo were raped by Gilbart-Smith. The kid on the left committed suicide aged 23 after abusing his sisters children. The kid on the right does not wish to be identified.
(12) June 1968 Walters was sent to borstal for robbing a betting shop in Maidenhead. Walters would later tell friends that he only robbed the betting shop to get caught so as to escape from Prescott. (Walters had officially left the children’s home. However, Prescott had found Walters a job and arranged with the social worker for Walters to stay at the home and pay rent).
(13) Summer 1969 Gilbart-Smith raped six boys at the family holiday home in Elmer Sands and another holiday home a few miles up the coast at Bracklesham Bay.
Prescott also attended these weekends and it seems highly likely that Prescott would of taken photos of Gilbart-Smith buggering the boys. The Gilbart-Smith holiday home consisted of three disused railway carriages sited at 29E Ancton Way Elmer Sands Lymington on Sea PO22 6JW.
(14) Summer 1970 the tables turned for Gilbart-Smith when he became aware of the real reason that Prescott had befriended him. Prescott showed Gilbart-Smith the damming photo’s, after a blazing row that was witnessed by numerous boys, Gilbart-Smith left Green Field House and never visited the home again.
(15) December 1970 a police investigation started into alleged child abuse at Green Field House.
(16) December 1970 shortly after the police investigation started, Donald Prescott the warden, abruptly resigned on medical grounds and the next day left Green Field House. A new warden Mr Beer was appointed. A few days after leaving Prescott returned to the home had an altercation with Mr Beer and broke into his old office for the purpose of retrieving the indecent photos of Denham Gilbart-Smith.
(17) December 1970 after being shown the incriminating photos of his son, Oliver Gilbart-Smith bribed a DC Carstairs and the police investigation was wound down and soon closed.
Willy Walters would later tell the following to the solicitor Alan Collins: “In 1970 when the police investigated Green Field House, Burkett ran off to Australia. At the same time Prescott broke into Green Field House to recover photos of Denham Gilbart-Smith in indecent acts with boys. Prescott took the photos to Gilbart-Smiths father. Prescott told Oliver Gilbart-Smith; “If I go down I am taking your son with me!” The detectives were then bribed and the child abuse investigation was wound down.”
John R would later tell police that he and other Green Field House residents witnessed Prescott breaking into his old office and an altercation taking place between Prescott and Beer.
Michael M a 16 year old abuse victim was interviewed by DC Carstairs. The interview went like this, DC Carstairs; “Your telling me that he put his cock up your arse! That’s fucking disgusting nobody will believe that! Are you some sort of fucking poofter?”
(18) Prescott also took a cash lump from Gilbart-Smith senior and purchased a green MG convertible and property in Hastings.
(19) 1986 After being blackmailed by Prescott for 16 years in 1986 Denham Gilbart-Smith became a Lloyds name. At the same time Gilbart-Smith became a name at Lloyds the blackmailing stopped. One morning whilst out shoping, Prescott had a heart attack and immediately died. (MURDER 01)
(20) After Prescott’s death Ted Burkett a career paedophile and Willy Walters began blackmailing Gilbart-Smith. With the Gilbart-Smith cash, Burkett purchased a swanky upmarket substantial town house property in the King Charles area of KT5. Burkett boasted that he had paid cash for the property with money he had received from a cigarette scam. One morning whilst out walking, Burkett had a heart attack and immediately died. (MURDER 02)
Willy Walters further told Alan Collins the solicitor; “Many years later Burkett returned from Australia and visited his parents. Walters parents told Burkett that Walters was in Wandsworth jail. Burkett visited Walters in jail and on release Burkett took Walters to his sisters house, where at Burkett’s request, Walters went into the attic and recovered a box of indecent photo’s.”
(21) 1990′s After striking a deal with Walters Gilbart-Smith was free from blackmailers for the first time in his adult life.
(22) September 2001 Gilbart-Smith was arrested and charged with two rapes after two ex residents of Green Field House filed complaints with Maidenhead police. The charges were later dropped due to insufficient evidence. The two complainants were advised to make a civil claim against Maidenhead Council.
(23) Over the next five years Alan Collins (solicitor) filed sexual abuse claims for nine ex residents of Green Field House.
(24) November 2006 Maidenhead Council RBWM agreed to pay over £300,000 compensation to nine Green Field House sexual abuse victims.
(25) December 2006 Maidenhead Council believed Denham Gilbart-Smith to be a rapist of children that had been in their care. Instead of contacting Maidenhead Police with the evidence, the Council issued civil proceedings against Denham Gilbart-Smith to recover their loss.
(26) March 2007 Gilbart-Smith with his Uxbridge barrister went to the Nottingham offices of Maidenhead Council’s barristers. According to one of the barristers, the day started with Gilbart-Smith pleading poverty saying that he had lost his money in the stock market crash of the 90′s. However, before the end of the day Gilbart-Smith had written out a seven figure cheque.
This seven figure payment included a confidentiality clause that kept the Gilbart-Smith name a secret and a clause excluding Gilbart-Smith from being persued by RBWM if any more of his rape victims came forward.
(27) April 2007 Gilbart-Smith sold his family home of 25 years for £1,475,000 to pay for his paedophile activities. After living by the Maidenhead river for over forty years, disgraced in the local community Gilbart-Smith moved to 3 Heritage Court Olney MK46 5FW.
(28) March/April 2008 I wrote a book about the children’s home and what took place there. In May I sent a copy to the; “Child Abuse Investigation Unit” at Windsor police. The police responded to the material in the book and launched an investigation.
(29) July 2009 Gilbart-Smith was arrested for sexual abuse. During seven hours of interviews at Maidenhead police station Gilbart-Smiths only response was “NO COMMENT” Gilbart-Smith was then charged with seventeen offences of raping and or sexually abusing eight boys as young as nine.
(30) By 2010 Alan Collins had made successful claims against Maidenhead Council for 21 sexual abuse victims of Green Field House. The councils total compensation bill was £772,250. with legal costs of £847,500. At least 12 of the 21 victims were raped and or abused by Denham Gilbart-Smith. Gilbart-Smiths 7 figure paedophile payment to RBWM could well of covered the full amount that the council paid out £1,619,750.
(31) Monday 17/05/2010 Denham Gilbart-Smiths trial started at Reading Crown Court. After the jury were sworn in they walked the short distance to 39 Minster Street which was the photographic studio of convicted paedophile photographer Tony Knot.
(32) Wednesday 19/05/2010 Willy Walters testified at the 2010 trial that he was raped by Prescott Burkett and other men. Walters told the court that he would rape and groom the younger boys on Prescott’s instructions. Walters lied to the court saying that he had little to do with Denham Gilbart-Smith. (Because Walters was a serious abuse victim he did not face any charges from the police).
(33) Thursday 20/05/2010 Robert A entered the witness box in a wheelchair. He told the court that when he was resident at Green Field House, he was taken to Tony Knott’s studio in Reading where indecent photographs were taken of him committing sex acts with a naked Denham Gilbart-Smith.
(34) Friday 21/05/2010 In the morning whilst working in a public area, Walters had a heart attack and immediately died. (MURDER 03)
(35) Monday 24/05/2010 Christopher B told the court that Gilbart-Smith drove him in a sports car to a bonfire and firework party at Wandsworth Common London, where he was raped by three men. Joanne Cutts Gilbart-Smiths defence barrister suggested to Christopher B that he was mistaken and it was not Gilbart-Smith who drove him to Wandsworth in the MG but rather it was Willy Walters who drove him to the bonfire party in a bubble car. (Walters was given the bubble car in May 68 and was sent to borstal in June 68)
Walters was either murdered or his death was extremely convenient for Gilbart-Smith. Gilbart-Smith had to know Walters was dead, as had Walters been alive Gilbart-Smith would not have dared to use this nonsense as a defence. When Burkett visited Walters in jail, the Walters family were living in council accommodation. A short time later Walters gave up his council property and purchased his first property 16 Clive Road Colliers Wood London. A short time later Walters purchased a holiday home and two council properties in Howlets Close Eastbourne, one property for each of his sisters.
(36) The trial lasted for six weeks nine men who had not met for over 40 years all told a similar story concerning being raped by Gilbart-Smith. Gilbart-Smith offered no defence whatsoever to the charges, other than a denial.
(37) June 2010 After being out for 7 days, in direct opposition to the evidence presented to them, the jury returned not guilty verdicts by a majority.
Had Walters been alive after Gilbart-Smith nobbled the jury, Walters would have been under extreme pressure and would have had no alternative, other than to tell the truth about the whole affair.
(38) 2011 January Gilbart-Smith put his property at 3 Heritage Court up for sale. Despite the fact that all of Gilbart-Smiths children grandchildren and extended family are all UK residents, Gilbart-Smith who had been a UK resident for 65 years applied to immigrate to Cyprus a country with no extradition treaty with the UK.
(39) 2012 Gilbart-Smith officially became a Cyprus resident (fugitive) with numerous other paedophiles and criminals.
(40) 2013 Feburary The Paedotrial book was published and The Paedotrial website became live.
In January 2014 this information was given to Sara Thornton Chief Constable Thames Valley Police. July 2014 D.C. Richard Webb TVP said quote; “There is nothing we can do the bloke has emigrated.”…….Whatever happened to the long arm of the British law?
March 2014 Theresa May was given, and made a response to the complaint of myself and one other. In June my colleague and I responded to Mrs May with the following letter and included the above overview. Today in July 2014 we are awaiting the Home Secretaries response.
The 2010 Paedotrial
The prosecution case was; nine men gave tearful accounts of the circumstances surrounding the assaults and rapes by Denham Gilbart-Smith in Maidenhead, London, Kent, Sussex, and Cornwall. The defence case was Gilbart-Smith agreed that he was with the paedophiles and the boys in Maidenhead, London, Kent, Sussex, and Cornwall, however, Gilbart-Smith denied raping any of the boys they were all lying to get higher compensation payouts. (compensation claims had been settled in 2006 four years before the trial) Gilbart-Smith did accept that all of his friends were paedophiles, but at the time he was unaware of this fact.
Monday 14th June 2010 The Paedotrial
The court started not long after 10.00am when prosecutor John Price QC began his summing up. He very skilfully used two witnesses as what he called “bookends” in as much as one entered the children’s home in 1964 and exited in 1967 and the other entered the children’s home in 1969. Even though their exit and entry points were two years apart and the men had never met, the detail in their story concerning Gilbart-Smith was EXACTLY the same. Then Mr Price filled in between these “bookends” with the other seven witnesses’ evidence that convicted Gilbart-Smith beyond any doubt whatsoever!
The bottom line was, Mr Price stressed, “Who is telling the truth? The nine witnesses or the defendant?”
WATCH A SHORT FILM OF THE 2010 TRIAL
Prior to the 2010 trial Gilbart-Smith ran an insurance business that insured people against kidnapping & international terrorism. So it is safe to say that this paedophile is a planner and a strategist. Whilst I understand that juries sometimes bring unfathomable verdicts, I don’t believe this case was one of them as Gilbart-Smith is a strategist and would not have started the trial with NO DEFENCE just relying on a ridiculous jury verdict to walk free, especially after just paying out million/s in one lump to Maidenhead council.
For Denham Gilbart-Smith the Reading trial was his paedoggedon! Found guilty he would go to prison on the nonce wing for the rest of his life. By nobbling the jury Gilbart-Smith had absolutely nothing to lose and his freedom to gain. IT REALLY IS A NO BRAINER IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY AND THE NERVE!!!!
“Jury nobbling does happen but it is very rare. The problem is that it only rarely comes to light!”
Detective Chief Inspector Leslie Fitzgerald
Scotland Yard Organised Crime Squad
1966 – 1970 Gilbart-Smith raped at least 10 boys as young as 9 years of age!
1970/71 Gilbart-Smith (senior) bribed detectives!
1986 – 2010 Gilbart-Smith murdered all 3 of his blackmailers!
2007 Gilbart-Smith paid out millions to hide his paedophile activities!
2010 Gilbart-Smith bribed jury members at Reading Crown Court!
2012 Gilbart-Smith abandons his family to become a fugitive and live with other paedophiles in Northern Cyprus, a Muslim country that has no extradition with the UK!